Welcome to the English Language Center
The World Meets Here
The ELC is an intensive, collegiate ESL preparation program. Our graduates continue to be successful undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Denver and other schools.
If you would like to email a student in your native language, please visit our Ambassador page. Our former students are happy to answer your questions.
The English Language Center is a member of The Consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP) and The American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP). The English Language Center is proud to be fully accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
The English Language Center at the University of Denver is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation for the period December 2005 through December 2015 and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. CEA is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as nationally recognized accrediting agency for English language programs in the U.S.
The overarching mission of the English Language Center at the University of Denver is to support the internationalization goals of the University of Denver. This mission is met in several ways. The English Language Center prepares international students with the skills necessary to be successful undergraduate or graduate students at the University of Denver or other U.S. institutions of higher education. Also, it supports the language needs of matriculated international students at the University of Denver. In addition, when space and staffing permit, the English Language Center provides short-term language and/or culture programs and faculty training in response to requests of University departments, community groups, and international constituents. To carry out this mission, the English Language Center provides high-quality intensive English language instruction, assists students with cultural adjustments, provides students with the necessary services to ensure maximum learning and well-being, and provides DU faculty and staff with the information they need to work effectively with ESL students. The English Language Center also provides a supportive environment in which faculty and staff can continue to work and grow professionally. The English Language Center at all times represents the ESL profession, the University of Denver, the State of Colorado, and the United States through ethical, legal, and caring treatment of its international students.
- The ELC is accepting applications for:
- Spring 2014 - deadline: February 21, 2014 - Transfer Students must complete their applications by March 7, 2014.
- Summer 2014 - deadline: May 2, 2014
- Fall 2014 - deadline: Only students with English Conditional Admission to the University of Denver may apply. Closed to all other applications.
- Please submit your complete application with all requirements as soon as possible as space is limited for all quarters. Until you have submitted all application items and received an e-mail confirmation from the ELC, there is no guarantee that there is space available.
- View the ELC Digital Brochure
- Check out the ELC video!
- To see what's happening at the ELC, click on our
- ELC Digital Magazine
- To learn more about the ELC, click on your language below