Skip Navigation

Changes to Academic Program

ISSS needs to be alerted when the following changes take place:

Change of Major

An international student will need a new immigration document if he changes his major. Once the major is changed in Banner, ISSS will be automatically alerted. ISSS will then create a new immigration document with the change of major, and will notify the student when it is ready for pick-up.

Temporary Absence

An international student who will be taking a break from his studies and leaving the U.S. for a temporary period of time should be referred to ISSS to complete the temporary absence process for the purposes of immigration reporting. This is in additional to possibly other requirements at DU.

Transfer Out

An international student who is transferring to another school needs to be referred to ISSS in order to transfer the student's immigration record to the new school.

Returning students

A previously enrolled international student who is returning to DU after studying at another school or being outside the U.S. for an extended period of time should be referred to ISSS in order to receive a new immigration document after DU approves the Re-entry.