Global Education Week Event Proposals
Global Education Week
April 7-12, 2014
Submit event details here
The Office of International and Scholar Services and the Festival of Nations Planning Board are available to assist you with promoting the event and will also include your department/college/organization's information on the Global Education Week partners webpage. We are also available to partner with and/or assist you in finding a co-sponsor for the event.
Examples of Global Education Week Events
Celebrate global citizenship and your efforts to internationalize the campus community by planning an global/culturally themed event for Global Education Week.
Be creative, collaborate with colleagues or friends, and share a bit of your world with the DU community.
Examples of Global Education Week events include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinating a cultural panel or presentation on a culturally-relevant topic or world issue;
- Inviting a cultural/global-themed presenter/lecturer/performer to come to campus
- Sharing your department's international research and/or efforts to internationalize the curriculum;
- Organizing a cultural-skills workshop
- e.g., teach participants a cultural dance (e.g., hula dance, tango), traditional craft (e.g., origami), basic language phrases or characters etc.;
- Hosting a cultural ceremony (e.g., Japanese tea ceremony);
- Arranging a cultural display; and
- Organizing a cultural game night in which you teach attendees how to play a traditional game.