Inviting International Scholars
Departments, faculty sponsors, and administrators play a key role in inviting international scholars to work and conduct research at DU. International Student and Scholar Services is available to support you in this process. If you are interested in inviting an international visiting scholar or hiring a foreign national on a long-term basis, please contact Laura Buhs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host Department Responsibilities
As a host department, you will be responsible for the assisting the visiting scholar in his daily work at the University by:
- Assigning a faculty member to supervise and consult with the visiting scholar
- Providing space, computer and library access, e-mail account, DU ID, etc.
- Involving the scholar in department academic and social events
- Providing opportunities to present research
Role of ISSS
Staff in ISSS provide a number of services to assist you in bringing an international scholar to campus and supporting him after his arrival, including:
- Preparing immigration documents
- Providing initial orientation and follow-up assistance
- Providing immigration advising
- Offering I-House-sponsored programs and events