International Student Orientation Leaders Program
International Student Orientation Leaders (ISOLs) lead and facilitate events and activities during international student orientations. ISOLs help welcome incoming international students to DU and the Denver community and are a valuable peer resource for new students. American and international students are all invited to participate in the ISOL Program.
The mission of the ISOL Program is to assist International Student and Scholar Services and the University of Denver in providing a warm and friendly welcome to new international students and to help them transition to life on campus, in Denver, and in the United States.
Qualities of an ISOL
The orientation leaders perform a variety of tasks during orientation, including leading group outings to local attractions, serving on student discussion panels, and helping with set-up and take-down on orientation days. A strong candidate for the ISOL program will have:
- Punctuality and reliability
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and other students
- Respect for diversity, in particular, differences of nationality, language, and religion
ISOL Activities and Responsibilities
ISOL's assist in a number of activities before, during, and after international student orientations, such as:
- Providing logistical support on orientation days and during international student check-in
- Leading campus tours and outings to shopping centers and other attractions
- Organizing and helping with residence hall move-in party and new student welcome party
Benefits of Being an ISOL
By serving as an ISOL, you can:
- Develop leadership skills
- Gain valuable work experience to add to your resume
- Make a real difference in the life of new students by sharing your knowledge and experience
International Student Orientation Leader is a paid position!
How to Apply
Applications to be an ISOL for Fall 2013 will be made available during Spring Quarter 2013. Selected candidates will be contacted after the review of applications is complete to schedule an interview.