The Writing Institute is intended to support students through the writing process from beginning and end. Participants from across all disciplines will form a cohort and work through each of the sessions together to build planning, writing, peer reviewing, and editing skills necessary to produce scholarly and academic papers.
The intent of the Institute is to assist students with a writing project (e.g., paper, publication, comprehensive papers, research proposal, dissertation) that can be feasibly completed by Spring or Summer. Additionally, students will be connected to campus resources aimed at furthering their success.
Graduate students who identify as a person of color and/or a woman are invited to apply.
We hold two sessions: a master's level in the fall quarter and doctoral level in winter/spring quarter.
If you have any questions, please email Varaxy Yi Borromeo.
DOCTORAL WRITING INSTITUTE - WINTER/SPRING 2016
Applications are now open for doctoral students. Apply now.
Space is still available. Please apply and contact Varaxy Yi Borromeo for information.
Winter/Spring Quarter Workshops Schedule
- Planning for Academic Writing/Accountability, 2/5/2016
- Library Reference Consultation, FLEX
- Defining a Research Question, 2/26/16
- What's the Problem [Statement]?, 3/25/16
- Breakthrough Writing Strategies, 4/22/16
- Writing Center Consultation, FLEX
- Revising Strategies, 5/6/2016
Writing Retreat, June 5-7, 2016
MASTER'S WRITING INSTITUTE - FALL 2015
Fall Writing Series Workshops for Master's students now closed
Fall Quarter Workshop Series Schedule
- Workshop 1, October 2, 2015
- Library Reference Consultation, Flex
- Workshop 2, October 16, 2015
- Workshop 3, October 23, 2015
- Writing Retreat, October 24, 2015
- Writing Center Consultation, Flex
- Workshop 4, November 6, 2015