International Student Orientation
Immigration regulations require F-1 and J-1 students to report to International Student & Scholar Services after they arrive in the United States. Students transferring to DU from another school or from the English Language Center must also report to our office upon completing their previous program.
What to Bring to Check-In
ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING:
- Current I-20 or DS-2019
- Current U.S. entry visa
- Current, paper I-94 arrival/departure card OR Print out of your electronic I-94 (electronic I-94s can be printed from: www.cbp.gov/I94)
- Current passport
Check-In Form which includes local U.S. address as well as an emergency contact information (address and phone number)
SOME STUDENTS MAY ALSO NEED TO BRING:
- Last I-20 or DS-2019 from previous school (transfer students)
Insurance Attestation Form (J-1 degree students)
- Dependent(s) passport, I-20/ DS-2019, Form I-94 arrival/departure card, U.S. entry visa (if your dependents have entered the US related to your program/status)
- Sponsored students must complete Release of Student Records form (see below)
Sponsored students are those who are financially supported by their home government or an international agency such as Fulbright, IREX, or OAS. An additional requirement for these students is to complete the Release of Student Records form online. Instructions for completing the form through myWeb are as follows:
- Access PioneerWeb (pioneerweb.du.edu)
- Click on "Enter Secure Area"
- Enter username and password to login
- Click on the Student & Financial Aid tab
- Click on "Student Records"
- Click on "Add Student Record Release"
- Fill in the form according to the instructions and click Submit.
Graduate Student check-in sessions
New graduate (non-JD/LLM school students) students have the following opportunities to complete the check-in process at the International House:
Monday, August 29th – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 30th – 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 31st – 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, August 31st – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 6th 2:00 p.m
Removing Registration Holds
A registration hold from International Student and Scholar Services will remain active on your student account until we have copies of your immigration documents and you complete our required immigration regulations session. The INTL provisional hold will generally be removed within one to two business days of your having completed all required steps for check-in.
Students who have an INTL hold should check their emails from ISSS for instructions to get the hold removed. If you have not received an email from our office, please contact us by email at email@example.com for further instructions. We request that include your DU ID in the message to speed up our response.
If you are attending DU in an immigration status other than F-1 or J-1 status, you only need to submit copies of your immigration documents to our office. An INTL provisional hold will appear on your account if we do not have copies on record. You may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to our office in person during walk-in hours.