Each year the University of Denver convenes a non-partisan panel of citizens to examine an issue of particular importance to the people of Colorado. These panels, called Strategic Issues Panels, are "blue ribbon panels" in every sense of the word.
Typically, they are composed of 15-20 accomplished citizens from various walks of life, selected on the basis of their personal experience, judgment, and openness to a variety of ideas and perspectives. Panel members bring a wealth of experience to the process.
The distinguished members of the 2012-2013 Panel on the Future of Campaign Finance are:
- Polly Baca – Former Colorado State Legislator
- Karen Beye – Former Executive Director, Colorado Department of Human Services
- Terri Binder– Transportation Chairperson, Club20
- Joe Blake - Chancellor Emeritus, Colorado State University System
- Mike Bloom – Dean Emeritus, Women's College of the University of Denver
- Donna Boucher – Founder and Retired President, The Bates Group, Inc.
- Sam Cassidy – Director, Voices of Experience Speaker Series and Clinical Professor, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Stephanie Foote – President and CEO, Girl Scouts of Colorado
- James Griesemer – Professor and Dean Emeritus, DU Daniels College of Business, Director DU Strategic Issues Program
- Frank Isenhart – Retired President and Co-Founder, Tempest, Isenhart, Chafee & Lansdowne
- Vince Lanuza – President, Eagles Nest Metropolitan District
- John Morrison – Doctor Emeritus with Pediatric Anesthesiology, Children's Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado School of Medicine
- John Moye – Attorney and Partner, Moye White LLP
- Hugh Rice – Senior Chairman, Investment Banking, FMI Corp.
- Dick Robinson – Co-CEO, Robinson Dairy
- George Simon – Academic Programs Director, Professional MBA, Associate Clinical Professor, Office of Executive and Professional MBA Programs, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Mike St. John – Managing Partner, LCS, LLC
- June Travis – Former CEO, National Cable Television Association
- Stephanie Villafuerte – Executive Director, Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center