Computing Services for DU Departments
Sturm Data Center Collocation Facility
Colleges, schools and departments may elect to co-locate their servers in the IT Collocation Facility in Sturm Hall. The data center is designed to support the technology requirements and standards of the University of Denver for campus servers and applications. Departments that currently house their own servers in department locations are encouraged to take advantage of this resource.
The Sturm data center provides both physical security and environmental protection to help ensure that information stored on departmental servers is compliant with university standards and guidelines as well as FERPA, HIPAA, and other state and federal regulations. The facility is equipped with the following:
- Uninterrupted Power Supply and a Natural Gas Motor Generator
- Powered equipment racks (14U) in lockable cabinet spaces w/centralized KVM switches
- Redundant HVAC cooling
- Air temperature monitors
- Network infrastructure monitoring
- Video surveillance with filmed storage
- Fire containment system, sensors and alarms
- University employee ID card swipe access
email@example.com or call 303-871-2094.