Josef Korbel School Alumni shape the world, leaving footprints across the globe in the realms of commerce, education, government, diplomacy, law, conflict resolution, military affairs, economic development, global health and humanitarian relief.
You're in good company
Your peers can be found around the world, working in government and international organizations, and in the private and nonprofit sectors. Notable graduates include:
- Condoleezza Rice: 66th United States secretary of state; former national security advisor; former provost, Stanford University
- Heraldo Muñoz: Minister of Foreign Affairs of Chile
- Masouma Al-Mubarak: Former Kuwaiti minister of planning and administrative development
- General George W. Casey, Jr.: 36th chief of staff of the United States Army; former commanding general, multi-national force, Iraq
- Susan Waltz: Professor of public policy, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan; former chair, Amnesty International, International Executive Committee; board member, American Friends Service Committee
- Charlotte Kea: Deputy Director, Office of Private Sector Initiatives, U.S. Peace Corps
- Jamie Miscik: President and vice chairman of Kissinger Associates, Inc.; former deputy director for intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency
- Mohammad Javad Zarif: Iranian Foreign Minister
- Cindy Courville: U.S. ambassador to the African Union; former special assistant to President George W. Bush and senior director for African affairs, National Security Council; former senior intelligence officer, Office of the Chief of Staff, Defense Intelligence Agency
Graduates of the Josef Korbel School continue to grow in number and in status. You can help other graduates pursue meaningful careers by staying active in the Josef Korbel School community.
Consider attending an alumni reception, being a featured speaker at a DU event, sharing advice and job openings or lending your expertise to the alumni board.
To learn more, contact Alicia Kirkeby, Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, 303.871.2541.
In addition, contact University of Denver Alumni Relations for more information on what you can do to further your career and those of other Josef Korbel School graduates through our alumni services.