At the Josef Korbel School we believe that internships and hands-on experience are critical to your education. In fact, most of the degree programs require an internship.
The Office of Career and Professional Development is available to help you:
- Research and identify internship opportunities.
- Prepare for and complete the application and interview processes.
- Develop and utilize specific skills during your internship to enhance your future career search.
Skill-building in a global environment
Organizations and companies around the world enthusiastically welcome our students into their internship programs. For example, students have completed internships with:
- The U.S. Department of State,
- World Vision International,
- Project Education Sudan,
- Water for People,
- Center for New American Security,
- The Fund for Peace,
- Advocacy Forum,
- The OECD,
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory,
- The FBI and
- Asia Pacific Investment Partners, among others.
Fund your experience
We understand that spending a quarter abroad or taking an unpaid internship outside of the Denver area may not be possible without financial support. Therefore, with the generous financial support of donors, our office offers funding from the Social Science Foundation, Paterson Fund and Destiny Capital Corporation Fund to help offset the costs associated with unpaid or underpaid internships.