Office: 4016 Sie International Relations Complex
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- JD, Harvard Law School
- AB, Princeton University
Research and Expertise
International law, international politics, U.S. foreign policy, Africa, Latin America
- University Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver (2010-present), Dean of the Josef Korbel School (1996-2010), Director, Center for China-United States Cooperation
- Honorary Professor, Peking University
- Guest Professor, People's University (Beijing)
- Board of Editors, American Journal of International Law, Human Rights Quarterly
- Advisory Board, Human Rights Watch/Americas
- Editorial Advisory Board, China Journal of International Law, The International Spectator
- Past academic positions at Cambridge University, The American University, Tulane Law School, Harvard Law School, Princeton University, University of New Mexico, The John Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, Rutgers (Camden) School of Law, Columbia Law School
- Former advisor on the drafting of the Ugandan Constitution (1993)
- Former President, University of New Mexico (1985-1986)
- Former legal advisor to the United Nations Mission in Somalia
- Former member of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights of the Organization of American States (1976-1983; President, 1980-1982)
Farer, T. (2008). Confronting global terrorism and American neo-conservatism: The framework of liberal grand strategy. New York: Oxford Press.
Farer, T. (2007). The two faces of terror. The American Journal of International Law, 101(2), 363-381.
Farer, T. (2005). The UN reports: Addressing the gnarled issues of our time. The International Spectator, 40(2), 7-17.