Office: 305 Ben M. Cherrington Hall
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, Rutgers University
- MA, Rutgers University
Research and Expertise
International relations, human rights, political theory, history, methodology, sociology, comparative politics, U.S. foreign policy, Middle Eastern politics.
- Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver; University of Denver Distinguished Scholar (2008), Director of the International Human Rights Program (1992-2010), Executive Director of the Center on Rights Development (CORD) (1993-1999)
- Assistant Professor, Hobart and William Smith College (1990-1992);
- Visiting Professor, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (2010-2012, and Spring 2013), Center for Democracy Collaborative, University of Maryland (2004)
Ishay, M. (2010). The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 60: A bridge to which future. Perspectives on Global Development and Technology, 9(1-2), 11-27.
Ishay, M. (2010). The sixtieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Exploring the past, anticipating the future. Transnational Law & Contemporary Problems, 19(2), 639-653.
Ishay, M. (2004, 2008). The history of human rights: From Ancient Greece to the globalization era. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.
Ishay, M. (Ed.). (1997, 2007). The human rights reader. New York: Routledge.
- INTS 4940: Introduction to Human Rights
- INTS 4942: Human Rights in a Globalized World
- INTS 4010: Epistemology
- INTS 4822: Contemporary Political Theory
- INTS 5895: Prospectus Workshop
- INTS 4456: Empire and Human Rights
- INTS 4502: Comparative Revolutions
- INTS 4947: Human Rights and Security
- INTS 4030: Critical Theory
- INTS 4710: Topics: Human Rights in the Middle East