Office: 213 Ben M. Cherrington Hall
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, Cornell University
- MA, Cornell University
- BA, Eisenhower College
Research and Expertise
Political economy; economic modeling and development, including trade liberalization and poverty reduction; economics projects on energy and development in Asia and Latin America; development finance and international finance; globalization and ethics
- Professor of Economics, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver;
- Visiting Professor, CIRJE, Graduate School of Economics, University of Tokyo; Distinguished Visiting Scholar, Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo (1999, 2003-2006)
- Senior Economic Adviser, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) (2007-2008)
- Distinguished Scholar Award, Academy of International Business (2005)
- Consultant for The International Labor Office, World Bank, United Nations Development Programme, Asian Development Bank Institute, UNCTAD, and various European, Asian, Latin American and African governments.
- Field work in Korea, Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, Japan, China, Costa Rica, Mexico, Philippines, Taiwan, Nigeria, South Africa, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Prof. Khan is also an award-winning poet , translator and literary critic
- His early career was in theater, television, radio and film where he participated in a number of progressive democratic and anti-imperialist projects
- He has written books and articles on Modernism, Surrealism and Postmodernism in film and literature, and on Octavio Paz, James Joyce, Guillaume Apollinaire, Rabindranath Tagore and the Japanese Haiku and Renku master Basho, among others, in English and several other languages
Recent PublicationsHuq, M. & Kahn, H. (2012). Apollinaire: modernity and contradiction. Dhaka: Prothoma Publishers.
Kahn, H. (2012). St.-Exupery's Little Prince: A postcolonial perspective. Dhaka: Prothoma Publishers.
Kahn, H. (2011). Central Bank autonomy, legal institutions and incidence of financial crises. International Journal of Finance and Economics.
Kahn, H. (2011). Hyperconflict: Globalization and Iisecurity from a critical scientific realist perspective of causal depth. Globalizations, 8(3), 385-91.
Kahn, H. (2012). Development strategies: Lessons from South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia and Viet Nam. In Augustin Fosu (Ed.), Lessons from Successful Development Strategies. New York: Oxford University Press.
Gabriele, A. & Kahn, H. (2010). China's national innovation system at the cross-roads. Berlin: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Political Economy of Globalization,Political Economy of Human Rights, International Business Environment;
- Country Risk Analysis;
- Financial Analysis of Large Scale Projects;
- International Corporate Finance;
- International Money and Finance in Europe;
- International Money and Finance in East Asia;
- Global Financial Structure;
- Japanese Economy--Trade and Financial Issues;
- Advanced Issues in International Economics;
- Theories of Income Distribution;
- Research Methods: Philosophy of Science Issues;
- Global Economic Justice;
- International Monetary Relations;
- Special topics in Econometrics;
- Math, Econonomics and Technology