Office: 217C Ben M. Cherrington Hall
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- BA, Middlebury College
Research and Expertise
Energy policy, especially with respect to renewable energy; environmental policy, especially with respect to climate change; science and technology policy; democracy and science policy.
- Associate Professor of Technology and Public Policy and Director, MA Degree in International Studies, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver
- Interdisciplinary Programs in Health, Harvard School of Public Health (1985-1987)
- National Science Foundation research grants (1991-1992, 1998-2000, 2006-2008)
- Consultant, Center for Nanotechnology and Society, Arizona State University (2005-2008)
- Public Policy Committee, American Solar Energy Society (1999-2008), chair of committee (2002-2004)
- Board of Directors, American Solar Energy Society (2002-2004)
- Review Panel, Ethics and Values in Science Program, National Science Foundation (1993-1996)
- Contributing Editor, "Science, Technology & Human Values" (1993-1996)
- Faculty Affiliate, Center for Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Colorado (2001-present)
- Academic Advisory Board and Senior Faculty Associate, Center for Science, Policy and Outcomes, Arizona State University (1998-2003)
Laird, F. & Stefes, C. (2009). The diverging paths of German and U.S. policies for renewable energy: Sources of difference. Energy Policy, 37(7), 2619-2629.
Laird, F. (2009). A full-court press for renewable energy. Issues in Science and Technology, 25(2), 53-56.
Laird, F. (2008). Learning contested lessons: Participation equity and electric utility regulation. Review of Policy Research, 25(5), 429-448.
- INTS 3000: Research Methodologies
- INTS 4750: The Policy Making Process
- INTS 4972: Global Environmental Governance