Office: 165 Sié Chéou-Kang Center
Ben M. Cherrington Hall
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 S. Gaylord St
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, University of Colorado, Boulder
- MA, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- BA, University of Arizona
Research and Expertise
International Ethics/Global Ethics; Law and Ethics of Emerging Military Technologies; Just War Theory; International Humanitarian Law; Kant's political and moral philosophy; Humanitarian Intervention and the Responsibility to Protect Doctrine; ethics of lethal autonomous weapons; ethics of cyber warfare; Global justice and International Institutions; cosmopolitanism
- Visiting Associate Professor of Security Studies at Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver (2012-2013)
- Research Associate for Eisenhower Center for Space and Defense Studies at the United States Air Force Academy (2011-present)
- Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of Waterloo (2011-2012)
- Instructor at United States Air Force Academy (2011)
- Instructor, University of Colorado at Boulder (2007-2010)
Roff, H. (Forthcoming 2014). Provisional publicity: Kant's principle of publicity as a provisional duty. In G.W. Brown, T. Baily and J. Cabot (Eds.). Kant, Cosmopolitics, and Publicity. Edinburgh University Press.
Roff, H. (2013). Global Justice, Kant and the Responsibility to Protect: A Provisional Duty. London: Routledge.
Roff, H. (2013). What ethical complexities do humanitarian actors face? In M. Acuto (Ed.). Negotiating relief: The dialectics of humanitarian space. London: Hurst & Co.
Roff, H. (2013). Killing in war: Responsibility, liability and lethal autonomous robots. In A. Henschke, N. Evans and F. Allhoff (Eds.). Routledge Handbook for Ethics and War: Just War Theory in the 21st Century. New York: Routledge.
- INTS 4700 – American Foreign Policy
- INTS 4703 – Classics in Security and Strategy
- INTS 4709 – Emerging Military Technologies: Policy, Law and Ethics