Senior Scientist at the Frederick S. Pardee Center for International Futures
**SABBATICAL: Winter-Spring 2016**
Office: 178 Frederick S. Pardee Center for International Futures
Ben M. Cherrington Hall
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, Cornell University
- SB, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Research and Expertise
Environment and development, ecological economics, systems analysis, scenario analysis, computer simulation.
- Associate Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver (2009-present); Senior Scientist, Frederick S. Pardee Center for International Futures; Research Associate and Adjunct Faculty (2007-2009)
- Senior Researcher and Associate, International Institute for Sustainable Development (Canada) (2006-present)
- Senior Researcher, Macaulay Institute (UK) (2003-2006)
- Senior Scientist, International Centre for Integrative Studies, University of Maastricht (Netherlands) (2000-2003)
- Assistant Professor, Columbia University Biosphere 2 Center (1998-2000)
- Research Associate and NSERC Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of British Columbia and Environment Canada (1995-1998)
- Research Associate, World Resources Institute (2003-2005)
- Assistant Environmental and Resource Economist, Argonne National Laboratory (1987-1989)
- Environmental Engineer, US. EPA Motor Vehicle Laboratory (1984-1985), Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver.
O’Neill, B. C., E. Kriegler, K. L. Ebi, E. Kemp-Benedict, K. Riahi, Dale S. Rothman, B. J. van Ruijven, et al. (2015). The Roads Ahead: Narratives for Shared Socioeconomic Pathways Describing World Futures in the 21st Century. Global Environmental Change. doi:10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2015.01.004.
Rothman, Dale S., P. Romero-Lankao, V. J. Schweizer, and B. Bee (2014). Challenges To Adaptation: A Fundamental Concept for the Shared Socio-Economic Pathways and Beyond. Climatic Change 122(3): 495-507.
Birkmann, J., S. L. Cutter, Dale S. Rothman, T. Welle, et al. (2014). Scenarios for Vulnerability: Opportunities and Constraints in the Context of Climate Change and Disaster Risk. Climatic Change (10.1007/s10584-013-0913-2).
Rothman, Dale S., M. T. Irfan, E. S. Margoles-Malin, B. B. Hughes, and J. Moyer (2014). Building Global Infrastructure: Patterns of Potential Human Progress Volume 4, Boulder, CO, and New Delhi, India: Paradigm Publishers and Oxford University Press.
Bizikova, L., Dale S. Rothman, S. Boardley, S. Mead, and A. T. Kuriakose. (2014). “Participatory Scenario Development and Future Visioning in Adaptation Planning: Lessons from Experience Part I.” Working Paper. Winnipeg, MB: International Institute for Sustainable Development.
- INTS 4397: The Environment, The Economy, & Human Well-Being
- INTS 4575: Systems Thinking for the Social Scientist