Office: 205 Ben M. Cherrington Hall
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, University of California, Berkeley
- MS, The George Washington University
- MA, Georgetown University
- BS, US Air Force Academy
Research and Expertise
International Relations, American foreign policy, U.S. national security policy, strategy, arms control.
- Associate Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver (1992-present); Executive Director, Institute on Globalization and Security; Outstanding Professor (2000-2001)
- Professor of Political Science, US Air Force Academy (1984-1992); Associate Professor (1978-1984); Assistant Professor (1972-1978)
- Completed 30 years of total service in the US Air Force, retiring in 1992 as a Colonel
- Sabbatical Leave as Deputy Political Adviser (POLAD), U.S. European Command (1981-1983)
Viotti, P. & Williams, R. (Eds.). (2012). Arms Control: History, Theory, Policy. Santa Barbara,CA: ABC Clio/Praeger Publishers.
Viotti, P. (2010) American Foreign Policy. Cambridge, UK: Polity.Viotti, P. (2012). International Relations Theory (5th ed.). New York: Pearson.
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- U.S. National Security Policy
- Security and Strategy Classics