The Major Episodes of Contention (MEC) data project will identify major episodes of mass nonviolent, violent, and "mixed" contention from 1945-present, with annual updates, so that researchers can better understand the origins and outcomes of contentious behavior.
MEC Project Sponsors
The research described in this project was sponsored by the Political Instability Task Force (PITF). The PITF is funded by the Central Intelligence Agency. The views expressed herein are the Principal Investigators’ alone and do not represent the views of the US Government.
- Erica Chenoweth, Principal Investigator, Professor and Associate Dean for Research, Josef Korbel School of International Studies
- Sooyeon Kang, Research Fellow and PhD Student
- Pauline Moore, Research Fellow and PhD Student
- Morgan Brokob, Sié Fellow and Student Research Assistant
- Kaleb LeGore, Sié Fellow and Student Research Assistant
- Matthew Bebb, Student Research Assistant
- Cody Knight, Student Research Assistant
- Robert Osborne, Student Research Assistant
- Allyson Rust, Student Research Assistant