Denver is home to a wide range of exceptional urban amenities, including world-class museums, award-winning restaurants, trendy clubs and shopping areas, and some of the best teams in major league sports.
Denver at a Glance
- Map of Denver neighborhoods.
- More than 300 days of sunshine a year.
- One of the nation's largest city park systems.
- 90 golf courses.
- 650 miles of paved bike paths.
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts is second in size and scope only to Lincoln Center in New York.
- Major federal employers in the Denver area include the Denver Federal Center, the North American Air Defense Command, Buckley Air Force Base Fort Carson, the National Renewable Energy Lab and the National Bureau of Standards.
Colorado and the Rocky Mountains
Colorado consistently ranks among the top-10 happiest states to live in, according to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index with a location that provides a unique combination of urban cosmopolitanism amid the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains.
Colorado at a Glance
- More than 10 world-class ski resorts, including Aspen/Snowmass, Vail and Breckenridge.
- 15 national parks, monuments and historic sites.
- More than 40 state parks and countless open space recreation areas.
- 54 mountains that reach 14,000 feet or higher (aka, 14ers).
- Exceptional whitewater kayaking, rafting and fly fishing.
- Miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking, backpacking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and just plain wandering.