The Pioneer Leadership Program (PLP) has been developing the leadership skills of some of the University of Denver's most talented undergraduate students since 1995. PLP is a unique academic minor and Living and Learning Community at the University of Denver that emphasizes leadership ignited by community, curiosity, courage, and action.
Each year the Pioneer Leadership Program (PLP) selects 88 incoming students who are ready to embrace the ever-increasing challenges of our world.
PLP is a transformational learning experience that combines course work, a residential community, civic engagement, and professional networks to equip 21st century citizen leaders. Through the study and practice of leadership, you will acquire the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to become and effective, collaborative leader in whatever field you choose.
As a PLP Student you will Experience:
- A 24-credit leadership studies minor to complement any major
- A caring and supportive environment that challenges you academically and interpersonally
- A close-knit living community of engaged learners built on inclusivity, shared values and passions
- Deep insights about yourself and others
- Deliberate focus on equity, social justice and citizen-leadership
- Leadership perspectives rooted in ethical awareness, global understanding and social responsibility
- Collaborative, community-based engagement that promotes informed action and impact
- A thriving alumni and community network for career development and life beyond the university
Hear more about PLP from current students, faculty, staff, and alumni in the video below!