DU's Living and Learning Communities (LLCs) are among the most distinctive programs of their kind in the country.
Academics -- LLCs are based on a theme. Every quarter, our students take seminar classes that relate to that theme. These classes are taught by DU professors and credits from these courses can be applied to some majors or minors.
Residential -- Students live on the same floor of the residence hall that hosts their LLC and take part in programs that enhance their coursework. Special dinners, speakers, cultural activities, retreats or field trips into Colorado's great outdoors are just a few of the things our students do.
Community Engagement -- What makes the LLCs unique is how our students, faculty and professional staff explore and apply course concepts in real-world community settings. Students deepen their understanding of the world and work to create healthy communities.
Which LLC is right for you? Choose below.
- Creativity & Entrepreneurship
- Convert creativity into a viable business.
- Environmental Sustainability
- Build sustainability at home and around the world.
- Gain a global understanding with local relevance.
- Social Justice
- Gain tools to work for justice and create social change.
- Adopt healthy approaches to life, spirituality and community.
In an LLC, you'll meet people who have interests similar to your own. You'll also get extra opportunities to learn about your subject area.