Living & Learning Communities
What We Do
ESLLC students build stairs along trail in Mt. Evans Wilderness Area to help lessen erosion.
Beyond the academic classroom, the Environmental Sustainability LLC offers a number of programs. Many take place in our outdoor classroom: the Colorado Rocky Mountains! We offer:
- Retreats that involve trail restoration in the Mt. Evans Wilderness Area, overnights at DU's Mt. Evans field station, exploring snow science, cross country skiing at the Keystone Science School, and whitewater rafting on the Arkansas River.
- Community engagement projects and service opportunities with organizations like Colorado Fourteeners Initiative and Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado. These organizations focus on the environmental challenges in our local region.
- Site tours of local organizations and businesses promoting sustainability such as the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Patagonia, and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Events with guest speakers who are making an impact in Denver and other communities in the area of environmental sustainability and social change
- Opportunities to engage in student-driven sustainability efforts across campus and in the surrounding Denver community