Beyond the academic classroom, the Wellness LLC offers:
- Fall and spring retreats in the mountains with team building, campfires, yoga and hiking
- Group participation in the annual Crimson Classic 5k run/walk
- A trip to the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Yoga and meditation workshops
- Guest speaker events on mindful eating, the body-mind connection, spirituality, and building community
- A trip to a local hot spring and iceskating
- A chance to experience theater and arts performances, and other wellness related events, both on an off-campus
Words from the Well: What were the most memorable moments from your experience in the WLLC?
- Learning important lessons that you won't receive in any other classes.
- The community and class environment were always very fun and Professor Kate always covered very interesting topics. I think the varying experiences outside the class were what furthered my understanding of wellness.
- I think the trips and outings are amazing and really help to foster a close community inside and outside of class.