How do I schedule a photo shoot?
To schedule a photo shoot, please submit a request using the photo request form.
Where are you located?
Wayne is in the basement of the Mary Reed Building, room 022, on the north end. When you enter the room, turn right to find his desk.
What should I wear/bring?
Your photo will be taken in color, so choose a solid-color top. Red, green and blue look best. If you have worn a color in the past that people have complimented you on, wear that color.
Please do not wear:
- an all-white, -black or -gray top
- neon colors
- bold patterns
- a shirt with a logo, unless it's a DU logo
An all-white shirt is fine to wear under a sweater, or a suit jacket and tie.
Please bring any personal items, such as an iron, a brush, handheld mirror, makeup or hairspray. While makeup isn't required, consider that this photo will be on a DU website for a long time, and you'll be able to use it for your own purposes.
Wayne will not do any retouching in Photoshop, so the face and hair you bring will be the same face and hair you see in the final photo.
How long will my photo shoot take, and how much will it cost?
A standard headshot (in the studio, against a graduated gray backdrop) takes about one minute to five minutes per person.
Environmental portraits (indoors / outdoors) take about 15 to 30 minutes per person. Note: These photos are for specific stories or purposes other than typical faculty-and-staff headshots.
Photos are free to University of Denver faculty and staff.
Do you take group photos? If so, how much do they cost?
Yes—Wayne does take group photographs. To help make your group photo a success:
- Make sure your group doesn't exceed 25 to 50 people per shot, so all faces are easily recognizable.
- If possible, ask all members of your group to wear similar clothing styles.
- If you're being photographed outside, consider scheduling an early morning or late-afternoon shoot to avoid wind, or excessive heat or cold.
- If you'd like to be photographed indoors, choose a room big enough to accommodate lighting equipment and your entire group.
- Make sure everyone you want in the photo is present. Under special circumstances, Wayne can use Photoshop to add others to your photo.
How far in advance do I need to schedule, and how long will it take to get the final photos?
Please book your photo shoot at least two weeks in advance. Wayne will try to accommodate last-minute requests.
To accommodate work schedules, Wayne can block out windows of time in the morning or afternoon, in three-hour increments, so entire departments of faculty and staff can come over when they're available.
While photo-processing times depend on the amount of clients, Wayne usually completes photo work within a one-week window.
He'll post six different resolutions of the completed photos to the University's internal Flickr site, the link of which he'll send to the subject's office manager. Photo subjects can download their final photos from the Flickr site.
Photos can be used without permission for promotional purposes only. The sale of any photograph without permission is strictly prohibited.