The Daniels Fund Scholarship Program has a strong reputation of providing educational opportunities and resources for rising stars. Your selection as a Daniels Scholar is a tremendous acknowledgement of your achievement and an investment in your promise as a student and citizen. Currently, DU has the largest number of Daniels Scholars in the country and we hope to bring in another fantastic group of students.
Intent to enroll
If you are certain DU is your next academic home, however, we encourage you to complete the deposit process sooner rather than later. As a Daniels Scholar, you do not need to submit the $300 tuition deposit or the $200 housing deposit. However, it is important that you notify us of your intent to enroll at DU so we can waive these deposits on your behalf. Please call or email Miriam Tapia Salinas or Wahhab Carter (Wahhab.Carter@du.edu) directly so we may submit your intent to enroll by Friday, May 6.
Next, go online to our housing application and fill out your housing contract to reserve your space on campus. You will need your student ID number (which you can find on your acceptance letter) for some of these forms. Remember-the earlier you submit the housing application, the more likely you are to receive your first choice, so act quickly.
We (Miriam Tapia Salinas and Wahhab Carter) will serve as your main points of contact at DU. Should you have questions regarding Financial Aid, Amy Green - scholarship coordinator for the Office of Financial Aid - will be your main contact. She can be reached at 303-871-6189 or Amy.Green@du.edu.
If you're still on the fence about your college decision, please consider:
- DU is a friendly and stimulating environment in which students can grow both academically and personally, with an average class size of 21 students and a student to faculty ratio of 9:1;
- While our many new buildings are perhaps the most visible sign of the University's vitality, we have also enhanced our commitment to top-flight faculty, curricular innovation, diversity, technology, and collaborative research between faculty and students;
- Our holistic admission process helps us select not only students of academic ability, but also students who value integrity, commitment to goals, and service to their fellow students;
- Study abroad enhances our students' global perspectives and contributes to more than 70% of our students studying in one of 150 programs in 56 countries around the world.
- Dual degree programs allow students to pursue both a bachelor's and master's degree in five years or less. We currently offer programs in business, international studies, education, social work, art history, public policy, engineering and geographic information science. If selected into a dual-degree program, the Daniels Fund often continues to fund our Scholars through their fifth year, assuming all other scholarship requirements are met.
Again, we extend our sincere congratulations to you and hope you will seriously consider making our academic community your undergraduate and graduate home.