- Research and Discovery - Undergraduate and Graduate students work side-by-side with a faculty who are committed to both teaching and scholarship.
- Seven undergraduate majors and one specialty concentration - Biological Sciences (BS or BA), Molecular Biology (BS or BA), Ecology & Biodiversity (BS or BA) and Integrated Sciences (BA). These options reflect the diverse applications and career opportunities in the life sciences.
- Pre-Professional tracks - Undergraduates can follow sequences of required and recommended courses to prepare them for medical, dental, nursing, physicians assistant, physical therapy, pharmacy and veterinary schools.
- M S and PhD programs - Graduate students conduct original research in Cell & Molecular Biology or Ecology & Evolution.
advising for spring 2017
Biology majors - meet with your assigned major advisors January 23-February 10 for advising and to have your PIN unlocked for registration. Registration for Spring Quarter is February 10-16.
- If you do not know who your assigned advisor is or have any other advising questions, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com
- Biology minors - you will need to go to the biology office at your registration time to get an over-ride in order register for BIOL 1010 and any upper level biology courses.
- For Pre-Health advising go to the PPAH web page.
Researching Environmental Change and Mating Habits in Dr. Robin Tinghitella's lab
Undergrads study ALS and Alzheimers with Dr. Dan Linseman
DU Biological Sciences partners with a Swedish university to offer 5 year Bachelors + Masters program for biology majors
Seminars - spring Quarter 2017
Tuesday, March 28 at 4:00pm in Olin 105 - "Protein quality control in the immortal germline" - Adam Bohnart, PhD, Calico Life Sciences
Monday, April 3 at 4:00pm in Olin 105 - Shane Hentges, PhD, Department of Bio medical Sciences, Colorado State University
Tuesday, April 18 at 4:00pm in Boettcher Auditorium 101 - 2017 Long Lecturer, JoAnn Trejo, PhD, University of California, San Diego
Thursday, April 20 at 4:00pm in Boettcher Auditorium 101 - Sally Horne-Badovinac, PhD, Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago
Monday, April 24 at 4:00pm in Olin 105 - Robert Dores, PhD, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Denver
Wednesday, May 3 at 4:00pm in ECS 510 - Dan Theodorescu, University of Colorado, Anschutz Camp us
Monday, May 8 at 4:00pm in Olin 105 - Wen-Yuan Elena Hseih, PhD, University of Colorado, Anschutz Campus
Monday, May 15 at 4:00pm in Olin 105 - Shannon Murphy, PhD, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Denver
Monday, May 22 at 4:00pm in Olin 105 - Michael R. Dores, PhD, Department of Biology, Hofstra University, New York