The certificate in GIS credits can be transferred to the Master of Science in Geographic Information Science (MS-GISc).
Credit transfer details
- Courses not listed here transfer one credit for one credit from the Certificate program into MS-GISc. Courses usually transfer as electives.
- At least 24-quarter hours must be in courses taken within the Department of Geography & the Environment.
- No more than 10-quarter hours will be accepted in transfer from another institution.
- No more than 24-quarter hours will be accepted in transfer from the University College GIS Certificate Program.
- If transferring from another institution and University College GIS Certificate Program, only 24- credit hours will transferred as a combination of the two institutions.
Credit transfer from University College - the following courses transfer towards the MSGIS requirements:
- If taken GIS 4700 Remote Sensing, 4.0 hrs, this will transfer towards the GEOG 3200 Remote Sensing requirement
- Other GIS Certificate courses will only transfer as Electives