- Degree requirements for the Bachelors of Arts for students who matriculated to DU prior to Fall 2014 are available here.
- The ETS Major Field Test is required only for students who matriculated to DU in Fall 2015 or later.
This degree requires completion of 48 credits of MATH courses numbered 1951 or higher, including at least 20 credits at the 3000-level or higher. The following courses are required:
- MATH 1951 Calculus I (4 Credits),
- MATH 1952 Calculus II or MATH 1962 Honors Calculus II (4 Credits),
- MATH 1953 Calculus III or MATH 1963 Honors Calculus III (4 Credits),
- MATH 2060 Elements of Linear Algebra (4 Credits),
- MATH 2070 Introduction to Differential Equations (4 Credits),
- MATH 2080 Calculus of Several Variables (4 Credits),
- MATH 2200 Mathematical Reasoning & Proof (4 Credits),
- MATH 3161 Introduction to Real Analysis (4 Credits),
- MATH 3170 Introduction to Abstract Algebra (4 Credits).
In addition, students must complete the ETS Major Field Test in Mathematics as instructed by the department, and satisfy all requirements for the Bachelor of Arts degree as outlined in the University of Denver Undergraduate Bulletin.
- MATH 1150, MATH 1200, MATH 1700, and MATH 1750 cannot be used for major credit.
- It is recommended that students take MATH 3151 Advanced Linear Algebra after MATH 2200 Mathematical Reasoning & Proof but before MATH 3161 Introduction to Real Analysis and MATH 3170 Introduction to Abstract Algebra.
Transfer credit policy
A maximum of 135 quarter hours of credit may be transferred. The final 45 credits must be earned at the University of Denver. For students studying for one or more terms in an approved study abroad program, the residency requirement is waived. At least 50% of the required credit hours for the major and minor must be completed at the University of Denver.