News & Highlights
- Graduate Student Manisha Shrestha receives the Dissertation Fellowship
- Graduate Students Jasmine Knudsen and Dan Hammerland receive DU's "Doctoral Fellowship for Inclusive Engagement"
- Undergraduate Student Sam Alperin publishes paper on measuring the orbital angular momentum of light in Optics Letters (Editors' pick)
- Graduate Student Tristan Wolfe collects data on exoplanets using a new polarimeter in Hawaii
- Prof. Dinah Loerke and Mark Siemens promoted to tenure
- Graduate student Devin Wesenberg won the best poster award at the Magnetic North Conference
- Graduate student Devin Wesenberg and Professor Barry Zink's work gets published in Nature Energy
- DU stratospheric atlas is included in the HITRAN international spectroscopy database
DU physics and astronomy students have recently received the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship, the National Young Astronomer Award, and the Rhodes Scholarship. Recent BS graduates have gone on to graduate study in prestigious physics programs at Dartmouth, Berkeley, and Harvard and obtained employment at national laboratories such as NIST and Space Telescope Science Institute. Recent PhD graduates have gone on to postdoctoral positions at NASA and the Max-Planck Institut für Radioastronomie, and joined the staff of Intel.
We were excited to host the 2013 Four Corners Section Meeting of the American Physical Society on October 18 and 19 in Denver, featuring presentations by four Nobel Laureates as well as a variety of sessions in different areas of physics.
- Mar 8, Colloquium by Dr. Alicia Aarnio, University of Colorado-Boulder