Internal Funding Sources
Several times a year, the University provides opportunities for faculty to apply for internal funds to facilitate and support their research and scholarly endeavors. Below is a brief description of the various University supported funds.
Professional Research Opportunities for Faculty (PROF) Grants
The PROF fund is a collaborative enterprise between the Faculty Senate and the Provost’s Office, and is coordinated through the Office of the Associate Provost for Research. The organization of the program is grounded in a commitment to peer review as the strongest mechanism for assessing the merit of proposals across diverse divisions of the University. The goals of the fund are to support an increase in scholarly / creative activity by the faculty and to enhance the reputation of the University. All full-time appointed faculty members in the Professorial and Library series may apply for grants. Application deadline is mid-January. For the application, https://portfolio.du.edu/prof_committee. Once you have logged into the portfolio community (using your login and password for Web Central), the information for the application is to the center right of the page.
Other Internal Grant Opportunities:
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, http://www.du.edu/ahss/contributingtoknowledge/facultyfunding/index.html
- Center for Community Engagement and Civic Learning, http://www.du.edu/ccesl/learning/instructor_dev.html
- Office for Teaching and Learning, http://www.otl.du.edu/
- Daniels College of Business, http://daniels.du.edu/faculty-research/
- Office of Internationalization, http://www.du.edu/intl/grants.html