If interested in a subcontractor for your project, first check with ORSP for allowability if initially not budgeted or requested in the proposal.
A Request for Subagreement and a Competitive Bid Disclosure Form needs to be completed for each subcontractor during a project. The agreement should be requested and issued by ORSP prior to your subcontractor beginning work on your project.
Request for Subagreement:
- Answer all questions on form.
- Attach subcontractor proposal to form.
- PI and dean/director signatures are required where indicated at the bottom of form.
- Forward the completed form to the ORSP Project Administrator.
Subcontract Agreement Process:
- Once the Request for Subagreement is received by the ORSP Project Administrator, the formal subcontract agreement is prepared and forwarded to the subcontractor for signature and notary. A copy is also sent to the PI.
- Subcontractor returns both copies of signed and notarized agreements to ORSP.
- ORSP obtains authorized signature on behalf of the University of Denver.
- One fully signed copy is kept for subcontractor file, and the other is sent to the subcontractor to keep for their records.
- When invoices are submitted, the subcontractor name on the invoice must match the subcontractor name listed on the Request for Subagreement.