Though you may not be on-campus regularly, former students, employees and other friends of the University can easily stay connected!
Stay connected by getting the latest news on events, resources and other happenings of note!
- Facebook: "Like" us to see and share info at facebook.com/DUQalumns (The LGBTIQ&A Services page is facebook.com/QatDU)
- email listserv: Subscribe to our private email listserv, to receive a quarterly Alumn Qdigest e-newsletter and occasional special updates. (For more frequent updates, we also have a weekly Qdigest as well or instead.)
- Bookmark this page in your Web browser for quick reference.
Proud Pioneers: DU LGBTIQA Alumn network: We're forming a formal affinity group so you can more closely connect with other out and allied alumns as part of your larger Alumni experience. We're looking for active alumns interested in helping us create a steering committee and events. Contact Shannon Gray, Alumni Relations' Events & Programs Manager, or Thomas Walker, Director of Educational Programs and LGBTIQA Services, with your interest and ideas!
Annual Events: Alumns and their families are also invited to join us for traditions such as:
- Welcome Back BB"Q" - an evening mixer as the school year begins each fall, bringing together new and returning members of the DU LGBTIQ&Ally communities
- HomeComing Out reception - a newer Saturday afternoon tradition on Homecoming & Family Weekend each fall. Stop by the Center for Multicultural Excellence for treats and greets.
- Gala celebration - spring soiree recognizing achievements by and for our LGBTIQ&A communities. You can also nominate someone for (or receive) an award!
- Denver Pridefest - Share a couple of hours staffing, or just swing by the DU booth at this regional weekend
- summer social series - at least one event each in July and August, to keep us connected. Past events have included roadtrips to Colorado Renaissance Fair, a cake decorating workshop, movie potlucks, sporting events, and theatre outings.
We also have all sorts of other LGBTIQ&A happenings throughout the year -- both engaging and enlightening. See our online calendar for all the latest news!
Be active with DU all-alumn opportunities through DU Alumni Relations, such as DU on the Road events across the nation (and globe), Reunions (June), Founders Day (March), the online ePioneer community and more!
Help make DU an even more inclusive and excellence place by sharing your experiences and expertise:
- Alumni/Class notes: Contribute career and life news for inclusion in the DU Magazine and/or college-specific publications. It's important that the broader DU community see the LGBTIQ&A alumns who are active parts the University's history, present and future. (See for example, Daniels alumn and honoree T Ryan Greenawalt's story at the 2013 Founder's Day Gala.)
- Pioneer Careers: Be available to speak with current students and other alumns about your profession, as an example and resource for their growth. And network yourself through the DU Marketplace!
- Guide to LGBTIQ&A Denver: Share your suggestions for area businesses, organizations, events and more to help others support, and be supported by, truly welcoming local service providers.
- Donate: Beyond time and information offered above, our communities can benefit from goods, services and finances. Artifacts of LGBTIQ&A life at DU for the University Archives, prizes for event giveaways, or funds for future scholarship and leadership development--all can make a difference!
Follow links above, or contact CME with questions and suggestions.