- Genetic Influences on Individual Differences in Reading & Listening Comprehension
- Component Comprehension Skills and Their Genetic Covariation
- Cognitive and Genetic Basis of Comorbidity between Comprehension Deficit Disorder, Reading Disability and ADHD
- Compensatory Mechanisms for Children with Reading Disability: Domain Knowledge Influences
- Assessment: How Test Differences Affect Both Clinical Diagnoses and Genetic Analyses of Language Deficits
- Keenan, J. M., & Meenan, C. E. (2014). Test differences in diagnosing reading comprehension deficits. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 47, 125-135.
- Keenan, J.M. (2014). Assessment of reading comprehension. In C. A. Stone, E. R. Silliman, B. J. Ehren, & G. P. Wallach (Eds.), Handbook of Language and Literacy: Development and Disorders (2nd Edition). New York: Guilford Press.
- Olson, R. K., Keenan, J.M., Byrne, B., Samuelsson, S. (2014). Why do children differ in their development of reading and related skills? Scientific Studies of Reading, 18, 38-54.
- Keenan, J.M., Hua, A.N., Meenan, C.E., Olson, R.K., Pennington, B.F., & Willcutt, E.G. (2014). Issues in identifying poor comprehenders. L'année Psychologique/Topics in Cognitive Psychology,114, 753-777.
- Hua, A.N., & Keenan, J.M. (2014). The role of text memory in inferencing and in comprehension deficits. Scientific Studies of Reading, 18, 415-431.
- Keenan, J.M. (2015). Psychology of inferences, 2nd Edition. In J. D. Wright (Ed.) International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, Oxford, UK: Elsevier.
- Christopher, M.E., Hulslander, J., Byrne, B., Samuelsson, S., Keenan, J.M., Pennington, B.F., DeFries, J.C., Wadsworth, S.J., Willcutt, E.G., Olson, R.K. (in press). The genetic and environmental etiologies of the relations between pre-reading skills and reading. Child Development
- Miller, A.C., Keenan, J.M., Betjemann, R.S., Pennington, B.F. Willcutt, E., & Olson, R.K. (2013). Reading comprehension in children with ADHD: cognitive underpinnings of the centrality deficit. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 41, 473-483.
- Elwér, Å., Keenan, J.M., Olson, R.K., Byrne, B., Samuelsson, S. (2013). Longitudinal stability and predictors of poor oral comprehenders and poor decoders. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 115, 497–516.
- Christopher, M.E., Miyake, A., Keenan, J.M., Pennington, B.F., DeFries, J.C., Wadsworth, S.J., Willcutt, E., & Olson, R.K. (2012). Predicting word reading and comprehension with executive function and speed measures across development: A latent variable analysis. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 141, 470-488.
- Keenan, J. M., Betjemann, R. S., & Olson, R.K. (2008). "Reading comprehension tests vary in the skills they assess: Differential dependence on decoding and oral comprehension." Scientific Studies of Reading, 12, 281 – 300.
- Keenan, J. M., & Betjemann, R. S. (2006). "Comprehending the Gray Oral Reading Test without reading it: Why comprehension tests should not include passage-independent items." Scientific Studies of Reading, 10, 363 – 380.
- Keenan, J. M., Betjemann, R. S., Wadsworth, S. J., DeFries, J. C., & Olson, R.K. (2006). "Genetic and environmental influences on reading and listening comprehension." Journal of Research in Reading, 29, 79 – 91.