Signing up for an Advising Appointment
Our advising appointment system allows you to make and change
To use it, you need to register on-line - but only once per year; after
that, just log-on and make your appointments. There are two steps to registering,
then you can make an appointment.
1) Register for DU EMS. (If you've used the web system to sign up for an extra credit study in a Psychology class, you've already done this! You can skip to "2," below.)
- Go to: http://du.sona-systems.com
- Click "Request an account here"
- Complete all the information on the form.
- You will receive an email with your new account information.
2) Join the Advising for Psychology "course" (If you've already signed up for "Advising for Psychology," continue to "signing up for advising").
- If you are logging in for the first time, you will be asked to select the courses you are enrolled in. Add "Advising for Psychology" as well as any other Psychology courses you are enrolled in
- If you have already registered and have been using the system
- Login into the system
- Click on "My Profile"
- Click on "Change Courses" at the bottom of the page, above the "Update" button.
- Select all courses you are enrolled in (including "Advising for Psychology") and click "Save Changes"
- Click on "Update"
3) From now on, simply log on to http://du.sona-systems.com,
then make an appointment by:
- Clicking on "Study Sign-Up"
- Clicking on "Advising Appointments"
- Finding an open appointment time-slot by clicking on "View Time Slots for This Study"
- Finding the timeslot (and your preferred advisor listed in the "location" column), that works for you schedule and clicking on "Sign Up" on that timeslots line.