Building the academic schedule
- The schedule from the current year is rolled to the next academic year to provide a starting point in the schedule setup.
- The rolled schedule, schedule memo, and schedule worksheet are sent to academic departments for revision. At this stage, departments mark classes to be canceled that will not be offered, make adjustments to section details that will be offered, or complete the schedule worksheet for new sections that need to be created.
- Schedules should be submitted to Deans' Offices for approval and/or data entry into Banner.
- After schedules are entered into Banner, departments have an opportunity to review it for any updates. Updates are again submitted to Deans' Offices for approval and/or data entry. Departments can use the Schedule Archives for this review process.
- The Office of the Registrar sends the memo for room requests. This is the last opportunity for departments to make adjustments to the schedule. If departments have seminar or lab spaces that they maintain, they should place as many of their classes into those spaces before asking for general academic space.
The Office of the Registrar reserves the right to ask departments to volunteer to adjust schedules if more classes are scheduled in a specific time slot than there are rooms available on campus.
Once rooms are assigned, departments should use the Schedule of Classes for reviewing all course updates.