Students will be considered to have established domicile when all of the pertinent requirements listed on the Colorado Residency Form have been met. Domicile must be established one-year prior to the start of the academic year that the student is to receive the state aid. No exceptions will be made to this policy. Additionally:
- Students that are aged 23 or older, married, enlisted military, legally emancipated, or a graduate student must have established domicile themselves to be considered for state funding.
- All other students will have their parents' information considered when verifying domicile in Colorado.
- Adult (over 23 years old, married or emancipated from parents) who have established domicile in Colorado for the year (12 months) immediately preceding the first day of class. Only exception is for active-duty military personnel on permanent duty stationed in Colorado.
- Unemancipated minors (under 23) who have assumed domicile of their parents or court-appointed legal guardian.
Evidence of Domicile (students must prove at least three of the following):
- Payment of Colorado Income Tax
- Colorado drivers license
- Colorado vehicle registration
- Permanent employment in Colorado
Click here to download or fill out Colorado Residency Form.
Click here for information about College Opportunity Fund (COF)
If you have any questions regarding Colorado Residency, please contact Alex
Bauer at 303-871-3992 or email Alex.Bauer@du.edu.
Back to Registration and Billing