Leave of absence
In addition to completing our Withdrawal Form (PDF) , follow these guidelines, based on your program and circumstances, to withdraw from the University due to a leave of absence, and to be readmitted following leave.
You also can view the full leave of absence policy.
TO BE GRANTED LEAVE:
- Undergraduate students (except those in Colorado Women's College and University College, who must meet with their college adviser): You must conduct an exit interview with the Center for Academic and Career Development to complete your leave of absence or medical leave of absence withdrawal.
- If you've received federal or state funds through financial aid programs, you also must conduct an exit interview with the Office of Financial Aid .
TO BE READMITTED:
- Undergraduate students in Colorado Women's College: Contact your adviser—or a member of the advising staff —for information on how to re-enter the University following your leave.
- Undergraduate students in University College: Contact University College's registration office by email or by phone at 303-871-2291 for re-entry information.
- If you weren't in good academic standing at the time you withdrew, you must contact an adviser in the Center for Academic and Career Development before being readmitted to the University. Business majors in the Daniels College of Business students who completed more than 90-quarter hours but weren't in good academic standing at the time of taking leave must meet with a DCB adviser.