Driving FOR DU - Driving procedures, mvr CHECK, and SAFETY TRAINING
All faculty, staff, students, and other persons who drive vehicles for the University must have their motor vehicle driving record (MVR) checked and must complete the online Driver Safety Training course (formerly known as Defensive Driving). Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for driving privileges to be granted. Follow the two steps below to drive for the University.
1. Review the DU Driving procedures document.
2. DRIVING RECORD CHECK. Pursuant to the DU Driving Policy, all faculty, staff, students, and other persons who drive vehicles for the University must have a satisfactory motor vehicle driving record (MVR). To request an MVR check, click here and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your preferred email address
- Your division and department
After requesting the MVR check, be on the lookout for an e-mail from HireRight requesting information that you need to provide in order to complete the check. Criteria used to determine whether an MVR is acceptable to allow for DU driving privileges are found in the DU Driving Policy.
3. DRIVER SAFETY TRAINING (formerly known as Defensive Driving). All faculty, staff, students, and other persons who drive vehicles for the University must pass the online Driver Safety Training course presented by United Educators Insurance through their EduRisk portal. The online course takes 45-60 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will be presented with an online certificate, which you should print and retain as confirmation of successful completion of the course.
- First-time users should select the option to Register Now on the right side of the screen
- Create a username and provide information for a user profile
- Enter a valid email address and choose your role at the University
- Select the department and position that is most applicable to you
- Enter the DU institution registration code: 0692-SC37-XY12
- After clicking Register, you should receive an email with a temporary password
- Follow the link in the email to sign on
- You will be prompted to enter a new password
- Login and take the “Driver Safety Training” course
If you have any issues with the course, contact the United Educators 24-hour help desk.
- Any current browser (if using Internet Explorer, it should be IE8 or greater)
- The pop-up blocker should allow the site with the courses to show the pop-ups
- Speakers or headphones for the audio segments
- The latest version of Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader for the PDF resources
Questions: Contact Enterprise Risk Management at x13810 or email@example.com.
safety Training Programs
Check DU's Environmental Health & Safety website for training for University employees covering a number of general safety topics. Because of the hazards associated with their job duties many DU employees are required by law to attend safety training. Some training is offered online and usually requires a short quiz to be taken to verify content comprehension.