If planned travel is not part of a preapproved program, and your intended destination does not appear on the University’s list of countries subject to travel warnings and other unsafe conditions, follow these steps:
- Obtain approval in writing of the proposed travel from a Dean or other designated department or unit approver.
- Submit International Travel Approval Form in DU Passport, providing:
- The purpose of the travel and a description of activities at the destination
- A copy of the signed approval document
Once you receive confirmation in DU Passport that your travel has been approved, register your travel in DU Passport.
Review before travel:
- International SOS Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation Coverage for all DU travelers
- Health and Safety Checklist
- Immigration Checklist
- Guide to using DU Passport
- International SOS (membership number: 11BSGC000067)
- US State Department Country Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention