My father passed away from heart disease when I was young, and my sister currently suffers with diabetes after receiving a kidney transplant several years ago. These experiences have shaped and ingrained in me the NEED to make fitness and nutrition a PRIORITY. I believe that successful coaching means showing up every day with an energetic and positive attitude, making the client your first priority and having fun in the process.
Coaching and helping my clients achieve their goals (whatever they may be) is my passion. I enjoy teaching sound techniques in a challenging, yet positive way. I want YOU to be successful - my clients continually impress me and experience amazing results because they show up with a great attitude, work hard and keep their goals in sight. I have coached many to lose 10 – 50 pounds over time, become faster, stronger, and generally adopt a healthy lifestyle, even those with no previous fitness experience. I look forward to helping you achieve your goals, too.
- MS, exercise sport science and coaching, Smith College, Northampton, Mass.
- BA, geology, Smith College, Northampton, Mass.
- certified personal trainer, American Council on Exercise
- certified nutrition specialist, American Academy of Sports Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Level 1 alpine ski instructor, Rocky Mountain Professional Ski Instructors of America
- CPR/first aid, American Heart Association
- 5 years of boot camp and TRX suspension training experience
- 8 years of collegiate coaching and 7 years of personal training experience working with several client populations:
- sports training for road and mountain biking
- alpine and backcountry/telemark skiing
- sprint triathlons and half marathons
- special populations: diabetics, obesity/weight loss, hernias and musculoskeletal injury rehab, and senior fitness
- former head tennis and squash coach, Colby and Wellesley Colleges
- former assistant tennis coach, University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- former assistant tennis coach, Smith College
- former director of player development and recreation, United States Tennis Association, intermountain section
- NCAA tennis All-American