Each year, more than 800 students participate in DU club sports, representing the University at local, regional and national competitions.
SPRING 2013 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Club women's basketball competed at its first National Campus Championship Series national championships in Raleigh, N.C., and finished top 16 in the country.
Club cycling won three individual national championships:
- Michael Burleigh won the individual time trial.
- Matt Lyons won the individual criterium and the individual omnium.
- The club finished in the top 10 in the country.
- Club figure skating competed at U.S. Figure Skating intercollegiate nationals and finished eighth in the nation.
- Club gymnastics had its first member qualify for an event final at National Association of Intercollegiate Gymnastics Clubs nationals in Minneapolis, Minn., and finished in the top 25.
- Club inline hockey qualified for the National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association national championship tournament in Ft. Meyers, Fla. Club president Alex Payne was recognized by the national body for his outstanding contribution to the sport.
- Club men's rugby finished as Pacific West Rugby Conference regional champs and competed in the National Small College Rugby Organization final four.
- Club volleyball competed at its second National Collegiate Volleyball Federation national championships in Dallas and finished in the top 60 in the nation.
Winter 2013 Accomplishments
- Club figure skating finished first at the DU Pioneer Open on February 24. The team finished first in the west region and qualified for nationals in Hanover, N.H.
- Club gymnastics hosted its first-ever collegiate club gymnastics meet February 16.
- Club men's hockey finished in the top 10 of the west ACHA regional rankings and qualified for the west regional tournament in Salt Lake City.
- Club inline hockey finished second in the Rocky Mountain region and qualified for the NCRHA national championship in Fort Meyers, Fla.
- Club rugby placed second in the NSCRO Eastern Rockies division and qualified for the regional championships in Dallas.
Club skiing's men's team finished first in the USCSA Rocky Mountain Conference, and the women's team finished third.
- The men's team also finished third at the USCSA regional event in Montana.
- Club volleyball placed second in the silver division at the Texas Showdown tournament in Austin, Texas.
Fall 2012 Accomplishments
- Club men's soccer competed at the National Campus Championship Series (NCCS) National Soccer Championships in Memphis, Tenn., and finished as one to the top 20 teams in the nation.
- Club women's soccer finished third in region V and qualified for the NCCS National Soccer Championships in Memphis, Tenn.
- Club cross country won the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Shootout club division and qualified for the National Intercollegiate Running Club Association national race in Hershey, Penn.
Club cycling competed in the USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships in Angle Fire, N.M.
- In the division II short track cross country event, Rebecca Gross defended her national championship. She also finished second in the women's cross country race.
- Michael Burleigh finished second in the men's race, and senior Sam Chovan finished in eleventh. Burleigh was also third in the men's cross country race.
- Club figure skating won the CC Tiger Challenge on October 27, winning by more than 50 points.
- Club inline hockey won the Rocky Mountain Collegiate Roller Hockey Association preseason tournament and was ranked 21 in the nation.