Since its introduction in 2007, club cycling has enjoyed national success and support from the DU and Denver communities. Our team has both recreational and competitive (sport) riders, and we invite any student with an interest in cycling to come to a club practice.
In the fall, our team sponsors a few student riders in mountain bike competitions. Our main season, however, is spring, when we participate in a 10-week road season.
We participate in the Rocky Mountain Cycling Conference, and travel to both local and regional competitions. On most weekends, our team has three races: a time trial, a road race, and a criterium. In May, our qualifying “A” racers compete at club cycling nationals.
Our sport team is sponsored by Estelle Bicycles, Kaladi Brothers Coffee and Fuelary. We train daily and have a coach for our sport racers. All sport members receive a racing kit, partial race entry fee reimbursement, perks from our sponsors and access to weekly training sessions.
If you have any questions regarding our team, please contact one of our club officers, listed below.
- competing in the USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships in Angel Fire, N.M.
- In the division II short track cross country event, Rebecca Gross defended her national championship. She also finished second in the women's cross country race.
- Michael Burleigh finished second in the men's race, and senior Sam Chovan finished in eleventh. Burleigh was also third in the men's cross country race.
- hosting the fifth annual DU Cycling Criterium
- finishing second in the 2011-2012 Rocky Mountain Cycling Conference
- finishing sixth at the 2012 USA Cycling National Championships
- team members Matt Lyons and Rebecca Gross finishing earned first-place finishes in the cross country short track at the 2011 USA Mountain Bike Nationals
- team members Sam Chovan and Rebecca Gross finishing finished second in the cross country race at the 2011 Mountain Bike Nationals
Register online for club cycling.
Club cycling officer informationPresident