Our Athletics and Recreation programs enhance the University of Denver student experience. Each year, more than 20 percent of the DU undergraduate population participates in student recreational programs, and the Coors Fitness Center has more than 183,000 student visits!
In a recent survey, students shared the following about their intramural and club sports participation.
- Ninety-four percent of club sports participants and 81 percent of intramural sports participants feel participation enhances their overall college experience.
- Ninety-one percent of club sports members feel participation helps them meet new people.
- Eighty-four percent of club sports participants and 79 percent of intramural sports participants feel participation helps reduce stress.
- Eighty percent of club sports members feel participation helped improve their overall health.
- The majority of respondents say intramural sports are an enjoyable opportunity to continue sport participation, meet new people, and develop friendships with sorority/fraternity/hall members and classmates.
- The majority of respondents say intramural sports enhance the overall DU student experience by allowing students to meet people they would have otherwise not met, be involved on campus, and take a break from academics.