What is Industry Day?
- Bridges the gap between the concepts we learn in academia to the reality of the workplace.
- To help students prepare for what lies ahead in engineering and computer science.
- Opportunity for students to meet leaders in the industries of engineering and computer science.
- For companies to meet with over 200 Undergraduate and Graduate Students looking for internships and employment in engineering and computer science.
- Date: Thursday, October 25th
- Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30PM
- Location: On DUs campus in the Cable Center, 2000 Buchtel Blvd, Denver, Co 80210
- Map and Parking passes will be emailed
- No charge to you.
What is the format for the event?
- 10-12noon – Senior Project presentations – Industry representatives are welcome to attend.
- 12noon - Lunch - provides an opportunity for students and industry representatives to interact at the dining tables.
- Brief presentations by industry/student/faculty
- Introduction of all attending industry representatives.
- Industry Day Tour -Students will rotate around in 10 minute intervals to listen to 3-minute snapshots given by the Industry Representative describing their company and any employment/internship information relevant to the students.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do we need to offer internships in order to attend? No.
- How many students will be attending? We have over 400 graduate and undergraduate engineering and computer science students on campus who are invited to attend.
- Can I bring literature to hand out? Yes – but not required.
- Is this event only for engineering and computer science students? Yes
- What is the fee to attend? There is no charge to you
- What about parking? Passes will be emailed to you prior to the event
Resumes of students will be provided on a USB drive at the event for all industry participants.
Thanks to our donors: