Staff of Color Association
News & Events
- Check this page for information about upcoming SOCA meetings and events.
- Meetings are open to all staff members at DU.
- You can subscribe to our mailing list to receive information. You can sign up here.
- Monthly meetings: 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Meeting Location: Renaissance Room, Mary Reed
- Meeting Time: Noon – 1:00 p.m.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016: Rufiná Hernández, Equal Opportunity & Greg Giesen, People Development
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016: Welcome Renell Wynn, Vice Chancellor Communications & Marketing
- Tuesday, November 8, 2016: Community Leader Panel
- Tuesday, December 12, 2016: Self-Care In Times of Trauma "Healing Luncheon"
- Tuesday, January 9, 2017: Inclusive Excellence Initiatives & Development
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017: SOCA Project Work Day
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017: Sister Institution Skype Meeting
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017: Subcommittee Work
- Tuesday, May 9, 2017: General Discussion: SOCA Project
Past Meeting Topics and Activities
- Meet with Dean candidates
- LinkedIn profile workshop
- Tuition Waiver usage
- Resume Services
- Managing Up training
- Social Mixers
- Support DU Affinity Groups
- Advancing diversity and Inclusive Excellence
- Performance reviews