The Four Corners MSW Program is designed to increase the availability of social work resources and services in the area where the borders of Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah meet. Our office and classrooms are located in Durango, Colorado, so you can earn your MSW degree from the University of Denver in, or near, your home community.The Four Corners MSW tuition rate is lower than that paid by students on the Denver campus, and we offer a weekend schedule of Friday afternoon and Saturday classes to accommodate the needs of working adults.
The Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver accepts applications for the Four Corners MSW Program until the class is full. The Four Corners application deadline is May 1.
- Two-Year Program—The next cohort of two-year students will begin the Four Corners MSW Program in the fall of 2016.
- Advanced Standing Program—The next cohort of advanced standing students will begin the program in the summer of 2015. The Advanced Standing Program is available only to applicants with a bachelor's degree in social work from a college or university whose social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) at the time the degree is conferred.
- University of Denver/Fort Lewis College Cooperative Undergraduate/Graduate MSW Program—This program is open to Fort Lewis College undergraduates majoring in Anthropology, Psychology or Sociology-General Option. For details, please contact Clinical Associate Professor Wanda Ellingson, Four Corners program director (970-247-9773) or (970-259-4122).
How to apply
A completed Four Corners application includes:
- the Four Corners Master of Social Work Application (PDF)
- a Career Goals Statement (form supplied with the admission packet)
- an Experience Summary (form supplied with the admission packet)
- an official transcript from all colleges or universities previously attended
- two written recommendations
- a résumé
- a $65 application fee
Please note that GRE scores are not required as part of our MSW admission process.
International students who wish to apply to the Four Corners MSW Program also must submit the following materials:
- the International Student Application
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results
To download the International Student Application and obtain specific information about minimum TOEFL requirements for GSSW, visit our international students page.
For additional information about the Four Corners MSW Degree Program, please contact Clinical Associate Professor Wanda Ellingson, program director (970-247-9773) or (970-259-4122).