The Four Corners MSW Program is designed to increase the availability of social work resources and services in the area where the borders of Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah meet. Our office and classrooms are located in Durango, Colorado, so you can earn your MSW degree from the University of Denver in, or near, your home community. The Four Corners MSW tuition rate is lower than that paid by students on the Denver campus, and we offer a weekend schedule of Friday afternoon and Saturday classes to accommodate the needs of working adults.
The Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver accepts applications for the Four Corners MSW Program until the class is full. The Four Corners application deadline is May 1 2016.
- Two-Year Program—The next cohort of two-year students will begin the Four Corners MSW Program in the fall of 2016.
- Advanced Standing Program—The next cohort of advanced standing students will begin the program in the summer of 2017. The Advanced Standing Program is available only to applicants with a bachelor's degree in social work from a college or university whose social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) at the time the degree is conferred.
- University of Denver/Fort Lewis College Cooperative Undergraduate/Graduate MSW Program—This program is open to Fort Lewis College undergraduates majoring in Anthropology, Psychology or Sociology-General Option.
For additional information about the Four Corners MSW Degree Program, please contact Clinical Associate Professor Wanda Ellingson, program director (970-247-9773) or (970-259-4122).
Listen to a KDUR radio interview with the Four Corners program director and assistant director who discuss the program's community partnerships, curriculum, international opportunities and Native course content.
How to apply
To apply, you must submit an application online. A completed MSW application includes:
- the Master of Social Work Application (submitted online)
- the Career Goals Statement; For detailed instructions, view the printable instructions (PDF).
- an Experience Summary (submitted online)
- an official transcript from each college or university previously attended (Official paper transcripts must be mailed to the GSSW Office of Admission.)
- two written recommendations
- You'll need reference names and valid email addresses during the online application process.
- Recommenders will be emailed the appropriate form and detailed instructions on how to submit their recommendation electronically.
- a résumé (submitted online)
- a $65 application fee (submitted online or mailed separately)
Please note that GRE scores are not required as part of our MSW admission process.
International students who wish to apply to the MSW program also must submit additional items listed on our international student page.
For additional information about the MSW application process, please contact the GSSW Office of Admission and Financial Aid or (303-871-2841).