GSSW accepts and processes MSW applications on a rolling basis. To receive priority consideration for financial aid, you must submit your completed application by Jan. 15, 2015.
Note: Our 2015 application will be available October 1, 2014. Please check back at that time for updated admission information.
- Two-year students begin the MSW program in fall quarter.
- Advanced standing students begin the MSW program in early July. The advanced standing program is available only to applicants with a baccalaureate degree in social work from a college or university whose social work program is accredited by, or in accreditation candidacy with, the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) at the time the degree is conferred.
How to apply
To apply, you must submit an application online. A completed MSW application includes:
- the Master of Social Work Application (submitted online)
- the Career Goals Statement; For detailed instructions, view the printable instructions (PDF).
- an Experience Summary (submitted online)
- an official transcript from each college or university previously attended (Official paper transcripts must be mailed to the GSSW Office of Admission.)
- two written recommendations
- You'll need reference names and valid email addresses during the online application process.
- Recommenders will be emailed the appropriate form and detailed instructions on how to submit their recommendation electronically.
- a résumé (submitted online)
- a $65 application fee (submitted online or mailed separately)
Please note that GRE scores are not required as part of our MSW admission process.
International students who wish to apply to the MSW program also must submit additional items listed on our international student page.