The Western Colorado MSW Program is designed to increase the availability of social work resources and services in rural and mountain communities located in western Colorado, including Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Gunnison, Pitkin, Mesa, Montrose and Summit Counties. Our offices and classrooms are located in Glenwood Springs, so you can earn your MSW degree from the University of Denver in, or near, your home community.The Western Colorado MSW tuition rate is lower than that paid by students on the Denver campus, and we offer a weekend schedule of Friday afternoon and Saturday classes to accommodate the needs of working adults.
The Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver accepts applications for the Western Colorado MSW Program until the class is full. The Western Colorado application deadline is May 1, 2016.
- Advanced Standing Program—The next cohort of advanced standing students will enter the program in the summer of 2016. The Advanced Standing Program is available only to applicants with a bachelor's degree in social work from a college or university whose social work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) at the time the degree is conferred.
- Two-Year Program—The next cohort of two-year students will begin the Western Colorado MSW Program in the fall of 2017.
For general information about the Western Colorado MSW Program, please contact Rachel Forbes, program director (970-945-1133).
How to apply
To apply, you must submit an application online. A completed MSW application includes:
- the Master of Social Work Application (submitted online)
- the Career Goals Statement; For detailed instructions, view the printable instructions (PDF).
- an Experience Summary (submitted online)
- an official transcript from each college or university previously attended (Official paper transcripts must be mailed to the GSSW Office of Admission.)
- two written recommendations
- You'll need reference names and valid email addresses during the online application process.
- Recommenders will be emailed the appropriate form and detailed instructions on how to submit their recommendation electronically.
- a résumé (submitted online)
- a $65 application fee (submitted online or mailed separately)
Please note that GRE scores are not required as part of our MSW admission process.
International students who wish to apply to the MSW program also must submit additional items listed on our international student page.
For additional information about the MSW application process, please contact the GSSW Office of Admission and Financial Aid or (303-871-2841).