The Western Colorado MSW Program is designed to increase the availability of social work resources and services in the areas around Grand Junction, Rifle and Glenwood Springs. We will continue to offer the program as long as there is sufficient student enrollment in the region.
The Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver accepts applications for the Western Colorado MSW Program until the class is full. The deadline for the two-year MSW program starting the fall of 2015 is May 1. However, prospective students are encouraged to apply as early as possible for optimal consideration.
- Two-Year Program—The next cohort of two-year students began the Western Colorado MSW Program in the fall of 2015.
- Advanced Standing Program—The next cohort of advanced standing students began the program in the summer of 2016. The Advanced Standing Program is available only to applicants with a bachelor's degree in social work from a college or university whose social work program is accredited by, or in accreditation candidacy with, the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) at the time the degree is conferred.
How to apply
A completed Western Colorado application includes:
- the Western Colorado Master of Social Work Application (PDF)
- a Career Goals Statement (form supplied with the admission packet)
- an Experience Summary (form supplied with the admission packet)
- an official transcript from all colleges or universities previously attended
- two written recommendations
- a résumé
- a $65 application fee
Please note that GRE scores are not required as part of our MSW admission process.
International students who wish to apply to the Western Colorado MSW Program also must submit the following materials:
- the International Student Application
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results
To download the International Student Application and obtain specific information about minimum TOEFL requirements for GSSW, visit our international students page.
For admission questions, please contact the GSSW Admission Office at 303-871-2841.
For general information about the Western Colorado MSW Program, please contact Rachel Forbes, program director (970-945-1133) or Clinical Associate Professor Karen Bensen, assistant dean for community academic programs (303-871-3709).