GSSW welcomes applications from international students and values the diverse cultural perspectives they bring to our school community.
The University's Office of International Student and Scholar Services offers support to international students and helps to ease their transition to living and studying in the United States.
How to apply
In addition to the required MSW application materials or the required PhD application materials, international applicants to GSSW must submit:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(PDF) or IELTS results
- paper-based TOEFL score of 587, or Internet-based score of 95; or IELTS score of 7.0
- NOTE: Students whose native language is not English and who are required to submit TOEFL/IELTS scores will be assessed by the DU English Language Center upon arrival on campus.
- completed SEVIS Supplement form
- copy of passport (photo or biographical page)
- proof of finances
- This financial verification form should be returned with a bank letter or other official verification showing how student tuition and living expenses will be financed.
Financial aid for international students
International MSW applicants who apply by January 15 are eligible for a limited number of scholarships that are awarded at the end of March.
International PhD applicants are eligible for the same financial aid consideration as PhD applicants from the United States.